The Kidde KN-COSM-IBA uses breakthrough technology to offer a fast response to real fires, including smoldering and fast-flaming, as well as protect you from carbon monoxide and dramatically reduce the chance of nuisance alarms. The Intelligent sensor technology combines the detection capabilities of an ionization smoke sensor – which is more likely to detect smaller, less visible fire particles, like those produced by flaming fires – with that of an electrochemical sensor, which is used to detect CO.
- Fire Warning - The red LED will flash and be accompanied by three long alarm beeps followed by a verbal warning message “FIRE!”. The alarm pattern will repeat until smoke is eliminated.
- Carbon Monoxide Warning - Four short alarm beeps followed by a verbal warning “WARNING! CARBON MONOXIDE!” This continues until the unit is reset or the CO is eliminated.
- Voice Hush Indication -“HUSH MODE ACTIVATED” and “HUSH MODE CANCELLED” voice announcement.
- Ionization Sensor Technology – Ideal for detecting fast flaming and other types of fires.
- Alarm Tamper Resist – Helps deter from tampering and theft.
- Smart Interconnect™ – Interconnects up to 24 Kidde devices (of which 18 can be initiating).
- Peak Level Memory – Announces “CARBON MONOXIDE PREVIOUSLY DETECTED” if alarm has detected a CO level of 100ppm or higher since it was last reset.