Philips Bodine B50LP low profile fluorescent emergency ballast works in conjunction with aa low-profile or standard AC ballast to convert new or existing fluorescent fixtures into emergency lighting. The emergency ballast consists of a nickel-cadmium battery, charger and electronic circuitry in one case. When AC power fails, the B50LP immediately switches to the emergency mode, operating either one or two lamps at a reduced lumen output for a minimum of 90 minutes. When AC power is restored, the emergency ballast automatically returns to the charging mode and delays AC ballast operation for approximately three seconds to prevent false tripping of the AC ballast end-of-lamp life shutdown circuits.
- Can be used with most 17-215 watt, 2'-8' T8, T9, T10 or T12 fluorescent lamps without integral starters, including Ubent, HO, VHO, circline and energy saving fluorescent lamps. Also compatible with most one, two, three and four lamp electronic, standard, energy saving and dimming AC ballasts.
- Can be used with either switched or unswitched fixtures
- Produces 750-1300 lumens of initial emergency light output, depending on the number of lamps (one or two), wattage and type of lamps
- Suitable for indoor and damp locations and for sealed and gasketed fixtures, including fixtures rated for wet locations
- High temperature maintenance free
- 7-10 year life expectancy
- Recharge time - 24 hours
- Ambient temperature - 32ºF - 122ºF
- Test switch - Single pole
- AC input current - 200mA
- Illumination time - 90 minutes
B50LP Lamp Compatibility:
- 1-2 lamp 17-40 watt, 2'-4', T8, T9, T10 and T12, single or bipin base
- 1 lamp 17-215 watt, 2'-8', T8, T9, T10 and T12 single or bipin base